[arm-allstar] YET, YET, Another Cheap USB FOB Mod

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Tue Nov 18 15:00:12 EST 2014

On 11/18/2014 2:20 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> First of all this is (at least at the moment) a Beagle bone black site
> and not a repeater builders site

Sorry - I thought people building repeaters were also interested in the
BBB.  I know I was, but that's going away now.

> That may change in the future but for now the use of discriminator or
> non pre/de-emphazised audio is not really well supported in simpleusb
> so it is suggested that for the best audio, fixed speaker and mic
> audio should be used.

With all due respect, your FOB modification never says it shouldn't be
used with discriminator audio.

If it is the intent of the article at:
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio/usb_fob_modification/
to be used solely with speaker audio, then the article should point that
out up front in the article.  Someone Googling around and finding your
page by chance will not know any better.  You claim your page is "Yet
another" which by default puts it in the same categorization as the
other conversion articles.  You seem to have become aggravated by me
pointing out the technical issues with some of the articles and other
devices out there.  It was never my intention to make anyone mad, but
rather to point out facts which relate to the subject.  I'll go away now.

Kevin