[arm-allstar] Radio Squelch

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Jun 27 00:33:06 EST 2014

Ron,

 I spoke with Bill earlier about this. You want the line (COS) from your radio to follow PL not squelch. It sounds like your line might be following squelch. You can test it by looking at th line with a meter and key a rig into your node rig with PL off. It should not change the state of the line regardless of the squelch setting. With the PL on it should change the state of the line. You may need to dig into the schematic to see where the line you are using comes from.

If it is being run by the squelch and not the PL be careful as an extraneous noise would trigger a signal out over the network and any nodes you were connected to. On some rigs it is a combination of the two but the line should never change just on the state of the squelch.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio