[arm-allstar] speaktext.sh

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jul 27 13:27:14 EST 2014

Ramon,

   Localplay ONLY plays through the node that is specified and it does key and unkey the TX. Perhaps the node you specified is not connected to a local radio or iaxrpt client? localplay ONLY works in the server it is running on. You can localplay another Allstar servers TX even if it is on your local LAN.

I don't undersatand why it is not working for you. I use localplay all the time for weather and other announcements. If you want to play to more than one local node just specify the statement multiple times with the different nodes and the same file name.

The saytime script in /etc/asterisk/local that I wrote uses localplay to play the time based on a cron schedule.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio