[arm-allstar] power up

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri Dec 5 06:27:21 EST 2014

The suggestions made to my last posting were all covered in the link that I had included and I have tried them to no avail.

Last night the unit from SparkFun did the same thing.  On power up the P/S LED just blinks at about 2/second and it will eventually come up at some point, unpredictably.   Last night I just left it blinking overnight and, when I got up this morning, it was in run.  This happens with the asterisk SD image and straight out of the box with only the eMMC.

But sometimes it just works.

I saw the suggestion about the power supply and I suspect that may be the problem.  Perhaps the current surge when the onboard regulator kicks in may be causing my wall wart to go into current limit.

I have ordered a couple of the Adafruit 4 ampere supplies and will report back in about a week..

73

Ken