[arm-allstar] Data Conservation

John wb5nfc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:57:07 EST 2014

Great information, Doug. Thank you. Once I have all the bugs out of this
node I'll start on another and primarily stay connected to that node. I was
mainly thinking about Echolink, but your codec suggestions will be useful
too. I have a couple friends who don't have access to Allstar yet. That
will change - even if I have to build nodes for them <grin>... right now
one is building an experimental aircraft so his efforts aren't ham radio
oriented. I think both have static IPs, so I may be able to get by with
minimal Echolink database updates - if at all. Worth an try. The Echolink
node list updates pretty often as configured. Thought there might be a way
to update upon request instead of periodically or enable/disable Echolink
connectivity as needed with a command.

John

--
John Kenney