[Arm-allstar-irlp] Important Info for all Hamvoip IRLP users

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Jan 19 23:02:16 EST 2020

Fred,

I'm curious as to what type of AllStar reliability issues you're having??
What nodes are not staying connected??

How is IRLP more reliable than HamVoIP/AllStar?  I want to know, so that
if there are problems, I can try to fix them.

As for theft of IRLP keys or anything else, WHO EXACTLY had their keys
stolen?? So far all I've heard are rumors, rumors and more rumors. No
actual cases. If you've got details about actual cases, tell me.

Unfortunately, I don't doubt that perhaps some hams might have tried to
obtain NEW keys by supplying clip-art, where they didn't actually have
IRLP hardware.  WHO WERE THEY????  Again, all the evidence so far is
hearsay.  If Dave Cameron had a problem, he should just charge a key
transfer fee. Or, simply say no.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020, "Fred via ARM-allstar-irlp" wrote:

> Richard,  if you want to get rid of your irlp board send it to me,  my
address is good on QRZ.     Dave Cameron has told you that he’d
reinstate your pgp keys if you put your node back on IRLP software.  Dave
took the drastic action of removing pgp keys from folks running Hamvoip
after seeing the same node number reporting twice to his servers because
there’s been some theft of keys from unsuspecting victims, and also
people different people sending him the same picture of an IRLP board
they’d supposedly bought at a hamfest trying to get pgp keys from him
for free.  If you don’t like IRLP good riddance.  I run IRLP and I run
Hamvoip allstar.    IRLP is a hell of a lot more reliable for keeping my
connections alive.

Fred
W5MGM