[Arm-allstar-irlp] Parrot Help, pls. (node 48448)

Lonny Barry kg5igj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:05:06 EDT 2018

I've recently decided to add an allstar node to my collection. I have RPi
3b+ with RPi2-3_V1.5rc19_Allstar.
No radio connected to the Pi.
I have successfully configured wireless with a DHCP reservation.
I have completed the 3 part configuration videos from K1GMM on youtube.
I have ?successfully? configured iaxrpt in so much as I have remotely
connected the pi to and monitored several hubs, including Saltgrass, Win
system, Eastern, etc.

I have not attempted a transmission, as I'd like to tweak my audio coming
from the iaxrpt client.

Parrot mode is giving me a fit.

Exerpts from the rpt.conf:

--- In the Node stanza
parrotmode=1
parrottime=1000

--- In Functions stanza
; Parrot Mode Control
971=cop,21                ; enable Parrot Mode
970=cop,22                ; disable Parrot Mode
972=cop,55                ; Parrot once if Parrot mode is disabled
973=cop,23                ; Parrot cleanup/flush
981=localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/simplex_off ;simplex off message
982=localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/simplex_on  ;simplex on message

--- In Macros stanza
; Parrot Mode Control
971=cop,21                ; enable Parrot Mode
970=cop,22                ; disable Parrot Mode
972=cop,55                ; Parrot once if Parrot mode is disabled
973=cop,23                ; Parrot cleanup/flush
981=localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/simplex_off ;simplex off message
982=localplay,/etc/asterisk/local/simplex_on  ;simplex on message

paths are correct and permissions are 775 on the simplex_* audio files.
They are ulaw.

Sending *581 has no affect on the node, expected to hear the audio file, at
least.
Sending transmission to the pi via iaxrpt shows the blue status line in the
Supermon main screen for the iaxrpt connection, however the audio is never
played back.

Also, where are the rest of the logs so I can access them via bash (20 yr
veteran linux/solaris/aix admin here)?
Found no errors, or any log entries for the time period in
/var/log/asterisk/*

Thank you in advance,

Lonny / KG5IGJ