[Arm-allstar-irlp] How do I move secring to new computer

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:46:40 EST 2018

Greg,

  The reason you need to be careful using winscp is that you are
transferring a file from a Windows system to a Linux system
 and the permissions can get screwed up. You want the permissions of the
file to be the same as it was on the original IRLP Linux system.

 The second reason people get messed up using winscp is that Windows and
Linux have different end of line characters and if you edit a file in
windows and then move it to Linux while it will usually work it might not
display properly. This would probably not be a factor for the key file
since you are, I hope, not editing it.

Personally I never use winscp as I do all my editing in Linux. My major PC
is Ubuntu and I very rarely use Windows which I run in virtual box in
Ubuntu when needed, so if I edit there I have no problem moving things
over. I also often edit in the Pi itself using vi but I would suggest using
nano for most users.